Friday, October 29, 2010

Poetry

Today, I sent five poems to Accents Publishing, which is seeking submissions for an anthology of very short poetry. (less than fifty words) They are also accepting full length manuscript submissions. You can find more information at http://accents-publishing.com/news.html.

A year or so ago, I put together a manuscript of fifty poems I am calling How To Build a Better Mousetrap: Reflections and Recollections of a Family Caregiver. I sent this to several manuscript contests, but it hasn’t won yet. Last month, I found a list of small presses in The Writer, and I plan to see if one of them would be interested in publishing it.

I am President of WyoPoets, an organization that promotes poetry in the state of Wyoming by holding annual workshops and encouraging poetry celebrations throughout the state. Please visit our Web site at http://www.wyopoets.org/where you will find information about upcoming contests and events and resources for poets. If you’re not a poet, you might still enjoy the site since it contains poetry from its members from time to time.

Abbie Johnson Taylor
Author of We Shall Overcome

No comments:

Post a Comment